Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Nominations are now open for Crain’s New York Business 2021 Notable Veteran Executives. This is a special print and digital editorial feature within Crain's November 8 issue that will recognize U.S. veteran men and women who are serving in a senior level role at a company with an annual revenue of at least $10 million. Nominees must have at least 10 years of experience in their field and have made significant contributions to advance the issues that affect veterans within the workplace. We are welcoming nominations to help us determine those recognized in this feature.
The deadline to nominate an individual for this feature is Sept. 17, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
To nominate: Nominations are only accepted via our website. Click this link to begin: NOMINATE A CANDIDATE
Note: If you do not already have a Crain's New York Business account, you will be asked to create one before you can proceed with the nomination form. We recommend using chrome or firefox web browsers to complete your application. You may also choose to Skip and Log in as a Guest.
Nomination forms must be completed and submitted by Sept. 17 to be considered. All required sections of the form must be completed for consideration. Please note incomplete answers may result in disqualification. Self-nominations are accepted. There is no fee to nominate.
Honoree profiles in the published section will be created using the information supplied in the nomination form. We will not accept revised nomination forms, so take care that what you provide is accurate. Honoree profiles will not be provided for review before the section publishes.
Crain's editorial staff holds full rights to:
- Edit information provided to meet style and editorial standards as well as space limitations.
- Use direct quotes from the nomination form - nominators may be cited within the publication.
- Choose honorees with the most compelling stories, as well as a diverse array of people and roles in the community.
Do not submit information that is subject to change by the publishing date. Do not submit information you consider to be confidential.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Nominee must be based within the 5 boroughs of New York City or the counties of Westchester, Bergen, Nassau or Rockland.
- Must be a U.S. veteran according to the Veterans Administration: a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Must be serving in a senior level role at their company. Company may be a for-profit or nonprofit, but with annual revenue of at least $10 million.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in their field and demonstrate accomplishment and the ability to power to effect change.
- Has made significant contributions to advancing the issues that affect veterans within the workplace and/or within the New York City area.
- Has served as a role model or mentor for veterans.
- Assumed a leadership position outside of the candidates' own organization including professional organizations and civic/community service initiatives.
For frequently asked questions about this program please visit our FAQ page here. Should you still require assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.